Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wes is doing well. The thought of this hole in my baby's little belly just seemed overwhelming, but like most things I have learned as a mommy, I can do it. He of course surprises me with how well he handles everything. He was back and forth with smiling and fussing today, but overall doing well.
Woke up at 6am for my first lesson. The nurse connected his mic-key button to an extension tube and started pedialyte feeding. This was after a LONGGGGGG night with a screaming baby next door. The extension has to be snapped in and then turned to lock. The pushing to get it snapped in was a little too much for me to try this morning. He is still pretty sore.
He was started on slow continuous feeds of pediasure this afternoon. Nurse came in a little while ago to give me a lesson on giving meds. I flushed the line, baby steps. LOL. Has two ports, one for feeds and one for meds. Positive point is there is no more fighting him with meds.
The pediatrician, Dr. Heckle, bought baby Einstein and Thomas videos for Wes. We have been searching the hospital for dvds for the bed side tv, to no avail. Today she walked in with brand new dvds and praises of Dr. Curry.
Bad news is that we will spend the weekend here. She talked with Dr. Curry and she wants Wes to be set before they send him home. She is concerned, because of our location and the resources in our area for little guys. Of course we want what is best for Wes and now looking forward to returning home first part of the week. Possibly Sunday, but most likely will be Monday. Can not wait to get my arms around my little fellows. Love you so much Chase and Brandon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina,
I was so hoping to see a message "We Will Be Home Friday" But, I know it's best for Wes to wait and He's the important one. I know that Chase and Brandon are anxious to see their Bubba. Jessica and Kids will be at Frink next weekend. Bo is TDY again. We Love You!
Aunt Sharron and Uncle David

Anonymous said...

Hoping you are at home or if not, have a safe trip home.

Wes is an incredibly strong little guy just like his mom.

So happy he is doing well!