Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day one on the 6th floor has been a difficult one for me. Being on the 3rd floor for two weeks in August and two weeks now, we knew everyone. Had a little hospital support system there. Something to be said for familiar faces. Now we are on the 6th floor, next to a baby who is apparently alone and not happy all through the night and all morning. I honestly feel I have reached my breaking point. It is so much more than the move, days isolated so far from home, awaiting another surgery for my little man. Woke up this morning, ready to leave. Wes finished his last dose of antibiotic last night and had a culture and some other blood work early this morning. Hate the idea of a g-tube. Love that sweet little belly, lots of kisses and tickles there. His surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, not sure a time. Tearing up as I type those words...I am just so emotionally exhausted.


We have made some new friends here in Chicago. Wes loves music therapy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina, Beautiful pictures full of BEAUTIFUL SMILES. You don't know how much this blog has meant to me during this time in my life. Having mom here does not always give me the time that I would like to have, but we all do what is necessary in life for family. Always know that I love you dearly and you are always in my thoughts and Prayers.
I LOVE YOU!
Aunt Sharron

Anonymous said...

hey. it is Tristen the nurse from 3W. I have been working the night shift so when i have stopped by to say hi up on 6... ya'll were sleeping both times... i was sad to hear that you had to move and even sadder to see how sad it made you.

i am sure you will be home by the time i work again... but know that i think and pray of your family often. I hope that Weston is doing well!! If you are still here... please let me know if there is anything i could do or bring for you!

tristen-
tvass@childrensmemorial.org