Sunday, October 07, 2007

The view from Wes room is a breath taking look at the roof. Tuesday will be two weeks in Chicago and all I can tell you about is the green, blue, yellow, and purple color scheme of this hospital room, how a shower can somehow bring back a little of your human side, and almost every moment of 5 Baby Einstein videos. He loves those videos, grabs his attention. Must be a comedy, because he throws his little hand up laughing at the puppet lion.
Today as I was taking a shower Larissa, a student nurse watched Baby Einstein with him. When his nurse walked in, Larissa was talking to Wes in Russian. The video starts out in Russian, which made her think we spoke Russian, so she was trying to comfort him in Russian. Wes has been fortunate to have such wonderful people caring for him. Take care of your nurses, they truly are an integral part of your care in the hospital.
His g-tube surgery is scheduled for Wed, Oct 10, which I have woke up each morning dreading, questioning, and ready to run from. Antibiotics end on Tues, which leaves no time for anything else to arise.
There truly is a breaking point in a hospital and I have reached mine a few times now, which has opened my eyes to the value of a hospital Social worker and the volunteers. Wes is still in isolation and no hope of getting out. Our social worker, Audrey, has stopped by everyday to visit and check in on us, even called Saturday. She has been a great resource and a wonderful person to talk with.
Wes is really doing well, back to the little happy fellow and yes putting big smiles on his nurses faces. Such a little flirt! Stuck in a hospital room, yet not much slows him down, always smiling and ready to play. Just loving life...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina,
I'm so glad to hear of improvement. I wish I could be there to put my arms around you and help hold you up. Always know that you are in my heart and prayers. Give "Little Guy" a big hug and kiss for us. Chuck is in Chicago (cell #276-8799). I don't know what is class schedule is. Hopefully, you will get a chance to see each other. I know that seeing family right now, would be a boost. Stay strong and we love you!
Love, Aunt Sharron

Anonymous said...

Hugs Gina,
Hang in there. I will say a prayer for Wes tomm as he goes through his surgery.
Let me know if you need anything, even just just talk/vent.

Angela

Unknown said...

Gina, Joey and Wes,
We just wanted to let you know that we were thinking of you. I have said an extra prayer for the docs and staff. I know you are in good hands. LOVE YOU BEAN!
Love,
Aunt Sharron and Uncle David