Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wes has his button...
much relieved that he got the button right away. Often doctors use a different type of tube for the first 6-8 weeks, which is what we were told to be prepared for. He is out of surgery, sleeping now. Just been laying here with mommy and daddy, watching a little baby einstein and resting.
My heart was warmed and spirits lifted yesterday by some thoughtful posts, emails, phone calls, some wonderful visitors, lots of love from home, and my hubby walking into the door. Everyone's support has meant so much.
These hospital days have slowly broken me down. In a way, I felt as though I had failed Wes. Here he is a 18 months old, so much he has dealt with and now a g-tube. Worked so hard against this feeding tube, since the day he was born.
Honestly seeing him after surgery was such a release. Yes, always makes me weak in the knees to see the pain and fear in my baby's eyes, but it is over, the fight, the struggle, the surgery, and now seeing the light at the end of this hospital stay in just a few days. Still going to love on that little belly, just going to give him a few days to recuperate.

Life is a journey to be taken day by day...
Wes is also doing well on the 6th floor here. Of course you know how quickly he steals your heart.
Such a little flirt!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina,
It was such a relief, to hear that Wes had done so well with surgery, once again. You can definetly say "Our "Little Guy" is a fighter with alot of SPUNK" He difinetly has a higher power watching over him, family and his wonderful medical team. My heartfelt thanks and gratitude to them all. I know you and Joey are glad to be able to take a deep breath and see that wonderful smile and the spark in Wes' big blue eayes have returned.
Love,
Aunt Sharron

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful he done well! Don't think you have failed him in anyway! Its ok to feel worn down, its gotta be hard to watch such an innocent and cute little fellow go through all that he has. But I can bet you that Wes don't think you have let him down at all :-). You are a wonderful mom.
Let me know if you need anything!