Saturday, August 11, 2007

Somewhat feel I am updating blow by blow. Yesterday Dr Bowman came in to do Wes spinal tap. Once we discovered he would not be having any sedation, I was so relieved to see her face. Not the norm for her to do the spinal taps. She was very particular about how Wes’ puncture was done.
Poor little guy had absolutely nothing, but some numbing cream on his back and mom’s hand to squeeze. He felt so bad, just did not have much in him to put up a fight. The spinal fluid did appear very clear, which was a great sign.
Fever was still very high and he spent the night having hourly temp checks. Yes, the kind no one enjoys. This morning around 5 am, Wes’ fever broke. Around 8 am he started sitting up and seems to be feeling much better. Nsg team came by this morning and said his lumbar puncture came back clear. Not sure on all of the other test, but his antibiotics have been bumped up as a precaution. I missed this nsg stop as I was consumed after the nurse this morning left his diaper twisted.
Right now Wes is sitting up in bed next to me and playing with an amazing collection of toys he has acquired during his stay. Of course the hospital water pitcher is his favorite. He will need his own toy box before we leave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina and all,
So glad to hear that Wes' fever broke and that he is sitting up and playing! Hang in there Nurse-Mom, you're doing great! Keeping you each in our heartfelt prayers for peace, courage, and patience... Love, El

Unknown said...

Hey Bean,

I'm so glad to hear that his fever has broke and that he is feeling better. How's his mom holding up? I'm truly amazed at your strength..you kinda remind me of your grandma.
We love you!
Aunt Sharron
Uncle David

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear his fever broke and everything is looking ok!
I will continue to pray that all the other test will come back ok also.

Love reading the great updates!!!

Angela

Anonymous said...

HI,
Troy and I spent countless hours with temps, positive tests and false alarms, wagon rides, and total exhaustion. Hang in there, I pray for you constantly. I know what you are going through.
Love, Jodi