Friday, August 22, 2008

Surgery went very well. Slow update with my arms full of love trying to comfort my little man in anyway possible. Wes is sitting on top of Chicago in the 9th floor, but not feeling on top of anything. Poor little guy is swollen and hurting. He has slept most of the day, which is good. Typing this with one hand as the other is clutched by my precious boy. Good news is Dr. Vicari was able to close his entire palate and do some work on his gumline. How much will remain a mystery until Wes is ready to show us.

Here are a few pictures. No they are not fun glimpses of the day, but just to let you know he is out of surgery and on his way to recovery. If you know Wes, you know why I had to share this picture. No matter how his day is going, he is going to kick his little arm back to relax. Otherwise his awake seconds are spent watching BuzzLightyear and LigthingMcQueen.

5 comments:

Karen Ward said...

Gina & Joey-

So glad your little man's surgery is over an dhe is doing well! We will continue to pray that the pain will lessen with each passing minute. I am moved to tears each time I read his updates and girl you know how I hate to cry! I am not a "pretty crier" like some people are! That's OK though.. I have good reason to cry tears of joy for you all right now! We love you and can't wait for you to get back to Apalach!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Wes is such a little trooper! He has a bright spirit, like his mommy. We love you all and can't wait to see you! If we can do ANYTHING, please let us know. Hope to see y'all soon!!!! Love you girl!!!

Traci

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the surgery went well. Hope he continues to do well and you will be heading home soon!!!

Anonymous said...

hi Gina & Joey, and family,
I am so happy prayers are being answered for Wes! You are all in my thoughts all the time, I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. Take care, and keep letting us know how the little man is doing.
love,
aunt carolyn

drast said...

Oh my gosh Gina he is soooo cute, I loved looking at all his pictures. He's such a trooper and will continue to be in our prayers!