Saturday, September 19, 2009

Each year a very special mother pulls together an amazing fundraising event, Alexa's Appeal Dinner, for CCA, Children's Cranofacial Association. Her mission is not only to raise funds for an organization who touches so many, she is also dedicated to educate other's of the various craniofacial syndromes that affect so many and their journeys. Knowledge is key in understanding.
Denise creates and shares at this event each year that I personally love to watch. Yes, I cry through the first one or two views, because the videos are so connected to our journey and powerful. These are the children and families I have watched grow, turned to for support, advice...These are very special children who have touched my heart and continue to inspire me. There is one very special little guy in this video that warms my heart and inspires me daily. Anytime someone asks how I do this, I know they have not seen the depths of his smile.
If you watch this video you will see unimaginable strength and beauty that lies beyond a face. When you have time to sit and let your heart melt, here is a link to this years video http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?bm=175895
This is Alex's Appeal home page http://www.alexasappeal.com/index.html

No comments: