Sunday, November 05, 2006

Weston Taranto’s family would like to extend a heartfelt, Thank You, to the wonderful members of our community. The fish frys have been a huge success. A special thank you to Travis Bentely, Heather Rash, Ashley Teat, and everyone who helped organize, donated time and supplies to both fish frys.
Although there are not words to fully show our appreciation, I hope you know this community has touched our hearts and lifted our spirits and for that we are grateful. The outpouring of love, support, thoughts, prayers, and genuine concern is truly priceless to our family. We are blessed to call Apalachicola/Franklin County, Our Hometown.
I would like to share with you a special poem:
Dear Doctor, Please remember that little face you are reconstructing is more than Muscle and Tissue and Bone. It is the smile that fills my heart with joy and swells my chest with pride and brings life and meaning into my every day. And when it is you and him behind the Big Doors, and me in the little room, waiting, Please remember you are working with more than just a life. You have in your hands a reason for living as well. And as you look upon your Little patient, a mere few pounds of person, remember that he is cherished, and not by me alone, but by the many whose lives have been touched and enriched by his. And, Doctor, I will also remember That I have chosen to trust you, and to trust your skills, and that by choice I have entrusted his face and his life into your skilled hands, but for these next few hours, while you and he hide behind the Big Doors, and I wait in the little room, I hope you don't mind If I also choose to pray.
For there is nothing more precious than our children.

2 comments:

Roy Bateman said...

Joey: "Miss" Shirley and I (Bro. Roy) have just found out about Wes. Please know we are prying for you and your family. Please say hello to your mom and dad. We love ya guy!~

Roy Bateman said...

Joey: I should have said "Praying"