Thursday, August 17, 2006


We are home from Atlanta. Wes' looks amazing. He ate really well right after surgery, but then would not take his bottle at all. That night one of the nurses helped me syringe feed him. It has been kind of up and down since then. Yesterday was a long day; he only ate about 9oz all day. This morning he has already eaten about 7oz. He is still eating from the syringe. I can not leave him alone for even a min. The night after his surgery, I could not stand the thought of him sleeping alone, so “slept” in the crib with him. This morning I looked out of the shower only to see him holding his no no and trying to put it to his mouth. He tries to rub his mouth with everything. Right now he is using the pillow that is there to stop him from rolling over to rub his face on. It must really itch, because he does this cute little squint and shakes his head, after he tries to rub his face into my shoulder. It is wonderful to look at his little mouth and nose, he is blowing bubbles and moving his mouth like he is chewing gum trying to figure out his new mouth. He is still working on breathing without his notch and a clogged little nose. I really did not expect his nose to look this little and cute. I can not wait to get some kisses. I used to kiss him right in his notch and he would smile and laugh with his wide smile. We have not seen a full smile yet, just his bottom lip and you can always see his happiness in his eyes. These pictures are shortly after surgery. There will be more pictures to come soon.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!


1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

I really enjoyed my last visit with you guys, especially all of the "sugar" and laughter, that Wes, Chase, and Brandon (who I had to chase down)gave me. Uncle Johnny and I are so proud of all of you. You are such an inspiration to all of us. God knew that Wes was going to need a "Special Angel" to be his Mother. So when God looked down from above, He knew that Gina and only Gina could be Wes' "Special Angel" because she was already the perfect Mother. So he gave Wes to the perfect family, Mother, Daddy, and Big Brothers. We keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Continue to have faith, God will lead, guide, and direct you. Love always, Aunt Brenda